Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day here on Saturday, so after a little house cleaning I took a walk up Julius Caesar Way into our neighborhood, Arcavacata. And when I say "up", I mean up. It is a solid uphill walk into Arcavacata, but it is beautiful when the sun is shining and you can see the valley around us. Enjoy the view!

Also, yesterday the landlord came to our house and took away the old couch and oven and some extra twin beds that we did not want. Finally! So we have a working oven now (photo included) where we can actually set the temperature correctly and the gas burners on the stove have an automatic lighter (no hand-held Bic lighter needed! This is exciting for me... I do not like fire). He is giving us some money toward a new couch, because he first tried to suggest yet again that we just wash the cushions on the old couch. I held my ground and said that the moldy couch, which has been outside for two weeks collecting other allergens, needed to go. Period. Washing it was not an option. He was fine about it though (he is a very nice man actually, even if a little slow to act), and this way we can go choose a new couch that is to our liking. I went to one store yesterday and found a couple options and will check out one other place today. I am trying to find something quickly because as of yesterday we also have a functioning television! We even get to watch the BBC, which at home would maybe be only a little bit exciting, but news in English is like a dream come true here. So now we have a living room with a working tv but nowhere to sit! Baby steps I guess. On of our neighbors helped us get it set up and it was the first time I met him. He just moved here in February. He is very friendly and even speaks English pretty well. This is a nice contrast to "out of work tenor" in the apartment on the other side of us.

Ok, enjoy the photos and enjoy your Sunday. Love to you all.

- LG

No comments:

Post a Comment