On the first night in the hotel I didn’t get to sleep very
easily, I think because of the time change, even though I was totally
exhausted. Therefore on the
morning of day 3 I was awakened by a knock on the door by my colleagues around
8am reminding me to get up and enjoy the day. After some breakfast we set out for some tourism. We took a taxi over to one of the
Kathmandu neighborhoods where there is a big stupa (see photo on the right), a monestary, and other Buddhist statues and temples.
It was fun to walk around during this time of festival and see all the
people out and about. Of course we
were constantly encouraged to buy their wares. We also had to watch out for the monkeys!! We made our way back toward the hotel around
lunch time and had a great meal at an Indian restaurant. I had not had chicken tikka masala and
naan in ages and it tasted so good.
After lunch we took a taxi over to another part of town where there is
another big stupa and more shops to peruse. For dinner we met up with a couple other colleagues and went
to (what I assume to be) the only Italian restaurant around (at least in our
neighborhood). The pasta was alright. I tried to just think of it as carbo
loading for our hike. It was a fun
day of touring around before setting off early the next day for the mountains.Welcome to Lynne and Tyler's Italy blog! The title refers to a Euro-pop song that we heard on our first day in Europe back in September, and continued to hear everywhere. It turns out that it is an old Italian song that people here know well, and there is something about it that is fitting to our life in Calabria. Read on to learn more about our adventures in Italy!
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Nepal Day 3 (Oct 27) - More Kathmandu tourism
On the first night in the hotel I didn’t get to sleep very
easily, I think because of the time change, even though I was totally
exhausted. Therefore on the
morning of day 3 I was awakened by a knock on the door by my colleagues around
8am reminding me to get up and enjoy the day. After some breakfast we set out for some tourism. We took a taxi over to one of the
Kathmandu neighborhoods where there is a big stupa (see photo on the right), a monestary, and other Buddhist statues and temples.
It was fun to walk around during this time of festival and see all the
people out and about. Of course we
were constantly encouraged to buy their wares. We also had to watch out for the monkeys!! We made our way back toward the hotel around
lunch time and had a great meal at an Indian restaurant. I had not had chicken tikka masala and
naan in ages and it tasted so good.
After lunch we took a taxi over to another part of town where there is
another big stupa and more shops to peruse. For dinner we met up with a couple other colleagues and went
to (what I assume to be) the only Italian restaurant around (at least in our
neighborhood). The pasta was alright. I tried to just think of it as carbo
loading for our hike. It was a fun
day of touring around before setting off early the next day for the mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment